NO LAZY CHRISTIANS! WE MUST PRESS TOWARD THE MARK AND RUN THE RACE WITH DETERMINATION. Refuse to 'sit on the sidelines ' and be a lazy, uninvolved, passive, compromising "Christian! Complacency has no place in our lives. We press on! We
are 'diligent' to make our calling and election sure! We guard our hearts with ALL DILIGENCE! We are vigilant and sober-minded and will not fall into the traps of the devil! Being saved by grace does not absolve you of your responsibilities to obey God and
to fight the good fight of faith and to deny yourself daily and follow Jesus.
NO SHORTCUTS TO HOLINESS! We must pursue God in order to grow in godliness. We mortify and put to death the deeds of the flesh! We take time to be holy, we do
not waste our time! We cannot cut corners, ignore responsibilities and render ourselves inactive in our spiritual lives!
OUR DUTIES AS CHRISTIANS. READ THESE HOLY SCRIPTURES
1. MORTIFY - Romans 8:13 'For if ye live
after the flesh ye shall
die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.' Mortify means, 'to put to death.'
2. EXERCISE - 1st Timothy 4:7 'But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather
3. PRESS TOWARD - Philippians 3:14 'I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.'
4. FLEE AND FOLLOW -1st Timothy 6:11"But thou, O man of God, flee these things, and follow after righteousness,
godliness, faith, love, patience, and meekness.'
5. DENY - Titus 2:12 'Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously and godly, in this present world.'
6. CLEANSE YOURSELF - 2nd Cor.7:1 'Having,
therefore, these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.'
7. DILIGENCE - 2nd Peter 3:14 'Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent
that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.' 2nd Peter 1:10 'Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.'
8. LAY ASIDE AND RUN - Hebrews
12:1 'Let us lay aside every weight and the sin which doth easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.'
9. BE SOBER. BE VIGILANT. RESIST. - 1st Peter 5:8 'Be sober, be vigilant: because of your adversary the devil,
as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour. Whom resist steadfast in the faith.'
10. BE FERVENT - Romans 12:11 'Not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord.'
11. WORK OUT - Philippians 2:12-13 'Work out
your salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.'
12. ABSTAIN - 1st Peter 2:11 'Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against
13. OBEDIENCE - 1st John 2:2-3 Obedience is the pathway to holiness and Christ-likeness, but it is only as we know and have His commands that we can obey them. God's Word must be so strongly fixed in our minds that it becomes the dominant
influence in our thoughts, our attitudes, and our actions.
14. DO NOT BE PASSIVE - This means to not be lazy and to not be wasteful. Laziness is not a virtue but a vice. It is destructive and leads to nothing because it invests in nothing. Life is like
a bank 'you get out of it what you put in it.' Are you making investments daily in your life and the lives of others?
15. GET EXCITED AND ENTHUSIASTIC about serving the Lord! Stir yourself up now. Passivity in the Christian life invites compromise which
opens the door to all kinds of sin. There are harmful consequences to being lazy and slothful. We just cannot afford to neglect God, His holy Word, and prayer and expect the Lord to use us.
16. Let's WAKE UP RIGHT NOW! Let's get out of our slumber and
lets 'fan the flames' of complete total devotion to Jesus. Be determined to move forward and not be lukewarm and ineffective. We can overcome every obstacle in our path. God wants you and me to bear abundant fruit. LIFE IS NOT EASY BUT WE KEEP PRESSING ON
IN JESUS. We do not float toward the goal. Dead fish float and we are not dead but alive in Christ.
17. WE ARE LIKE 'LIVING FISH' WHO SWIM UPSTREAM AGAINST THE CURRENTS OF THE SINFUL CULTURE! We must be earnest. We must be fervent in these last days
of apostasy. The lazy ones lose control of their lives and destinies and waste their lives in trivial easy pursuits that please the flesh.